• Chapter 5 of The Next Production Revolution: Implications for Governments and Business. Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), 2017.
• Contributor to Worldchanging: A user’s Guide to the 21st Century, edited by Alex Steffen. 1st ed. 2006, 2nd ed. 2011.
• Contributor to Routledge Handbook of Sustainable Design, edited by Rachel Beth Egenhoefer. Routledge 2017.
• Contributor to Packaging Sustainability by Wendy Jedlicka. Wiley & Sons 2009.
• Contributor to Sustainable Graphic Design by Wendy Jedlicka. Wiley & Sons 2009.
• Contributor to Eco-Labels: Concerns and Experiences by Asha Joshi. ICFAI University Press, 2008.
• Miller, M., Faludi, J., Bellafiore, A., The Science and Technology of Advanced Structural,
Material and Environmental Systems in Quick-to-Deploy, High-Performance Green Solutions. Report for the Office of Naval Research, 2009.
• images by or featured in:
– Green Graphic Design by Brian Dougherty. Allworth Press, 2009.
– The People of Burning Man by Julian Cash. Union Artist Press, 2011.
– The Steampunk Bible by Jeff VanderMeer. Abrams, 2011.
Videos / Online Courses:
• VentureWell Tools for Design and Sustainability
• Autodesk Sustainability Workshop, viewed over 4.5 million times from over 140 countries
• Autodesk Sustainability Workshop’s building performance analysis MOOC, completed by over 10,000 students
• Cradle to Cradle Certification training: official site (requires registration) or on YouTube
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles & Conference Papers:
• Faludi, J., Agogino, A. What Design Practices Do Professionals Use For Sustainability And Innovation? DESIGN 2018 international design conference, Dubrovnik, Croatia May 21 – 14 2018.
• Faludi, J. Recommending Sustainable Design Practices By Characterizing Activities And Mindsets.International Journal of Sustainable Design, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp.100-136, 2017.
• Faludi, J., Agogino, A., Beckman, S., Iles, A. What Green Design Activities And Mindsets Drive Innovation And Sustainability In Student Teams? DS 87-9 Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Engineering Design (ICED 17), Vol 9, 21-25.08. Vancouver, Canada. 2017.
• Faludi, J., Baumers, M., Maskery, I., Hague, R. Environmental Impacts of Selective Laser Melting: Do Printer, Powder, Or Power Dominate? Journal of Industrial Ecology, 2016. DOI: 10.1111/jiec.12528 (Nominated for best paper award.)
• Faludi, J., Hu, Z., Alrashed, S., Braunholz, C., Kaul, S., Kassaye, L. Does Material Choice Drive Sustainability of 3D Printing? International Journal of Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial and Mechatronics Engineering Vol. 9 No. 2, 2015.
• Faludi, J., Bayley, C., Bhogal, S., Iribarne, M. Comparing Environmental Impacts of Additive Manufacturing vs. Traditional Machining via Life-Cycle Assessment. Rapid Prototyping Journal, Vol. 21 Iss. 1, pp.14-33, 2015.
• Faludi, J., Ganeriwala, R., Kelly, B., Rygg, T. F., Yang, C. Sustainability of 3D Printing vs. Machining: Do Machine Type & Size Matter? Proceedings of EcoBalance Conference, Tsukuba, Japan, Oct 28, 2014.
• Faludi, J., Hoang, T., Gorman, P. and Mulvihill, M.. Aiding Alternatives Assessment With an Uncertainty-Tolerant Hazard Scoring Method. Journal of Environmental Management, 182, pp.111-125, 2016.
• Faludi, J. and Lepech, M. Ecological Payback Time of an Energy-Efficient Modular Building. Journal of Green Building. Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 100-119, 2012.
• Faludi, J., Lepech, M., and Loisos, G. Using Life Cycle Assessment Methods To Guide Architectural Decision-Making For Sustainable Prefabricated Modular Buildings. Journal of Green Building. Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 151-170, 2012.
• Faludi, J. A Sustainable Design Method Acting as an Innovation Tool. International Conference on Research Into Design (ICORD), Bangalore, India, Jan 8 2015. Published in Research into Design Across Boundaries Volume 2, pp. 201-212. Springer India, 2015.
• Faludi, J., Menter, A. Sustainable Design Education Through a Self-Directed Online System. Proceedings of the ASME IDETC Conference, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Portland, Oregon. Aug. 4-7, 2013.
• Hardham, C., et al. Multi-DOF Isolation And Alignment With Quiet Hydraulic Actuators. Proceedings of ASPE Spring Topical Meeting on Control of Precision Systems. 2004.
Faludi, J., 2017. Golden Tools in Green Design: What drives sustainability, innovation, and value in green design methods?
• Full dissertation (290 pages, 65 MB)
• Chapter 1. Introduction and Summary of Methods
• Chapter 2. Characterizing Activities And Mindsets to Hypothesize Recommendations For Sustainable Design Practices
• Chapter 3. What Practices Do Design Professionals Value for Innovation and Sustainability?
• Chapter 4. Workshop Procedures
• Chapter 5. Effective Sustainable Design Methods: Where Do Students Find Value and Innovation?
• Chapter 6. Effective Sustainable Design Methods: Where Do Professionals Find Value and Innovation?
• Chapter 7. Conclusions and Recommendations
Popular Press Articles:
• Featured or quoted in:
– The Wall Street Journal
– San Francisco Chronicle
– Fast Company
– Australian Broadcast Corporation radio
– Epoca Negócios
Trade Press Articles:
• Author of over 200 articles for Worldchanging.com
• Author of articles in:
– Package Design magazine
– MCAD blog
(and more)• Featured or quoted in:
– Sustainable Industries Journal
– Package Design Magazine
– IT Conversations
– Secretariat of the Commonwealth of Nations